Volunteer Coordinator Vacancy
Would you like to join our team?
HERIB is currently seeking a Volunteer Coordinator (Part Time) to work from its centre on Beverley Rd in Hull.
Salary: £16k - £18k (pro rata)
Hours: Flexible 21hrs per week (Evening and weekend work may be involved)
Salary and hours to be negotiated dependent upon qualifications and experience, Initial one year contract.
Job role and purpose:
To be responsible for all aspects of volunteering within HERIB, including:
• Generating appropriate volunteering opportunities and role descriptions based on the needs of the organisation
• Promoting volunteering through publicity strategies, campaigns, talks/presentations to attract new volunteers
• Organising profile-raising events to attract new volunteers
• Interviewing and recruiting volunteers including providing inductions and training
• Establishing good working relationships with external agencies across different sectors in order to promote volunteering opportunities and recruit new volunteers
• Celebrating volunteering by nominating volunteers for awards and organising celebration events
• Monitoring and evaluating activities and writing reports for managers and trustees
The successful candidate will be self-motivated with excellent communication skills and have the ability to integrate into an existing successful team, be able to create rapport with various different stakeholders and deliver consistently high quality work to tight timescales and deadlines.
A full clean driving licence and use of a car, for the purposes of visiting organisations and assisting volunteers with travel, is required.
Please contact Sinead Gravill on 01482 342297 or email email@example.com for more information or an application pack. Or download the application pack here:
Completed application forms should be returned marked Private and Confidential to: Sinead Gravill, HERIB, Beech Holme, Beverley Road, Hull. HU5 1NF or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday 19th May 2017.
Interviews will be held on Friday 26th May 2017.
This role requires the successful candidate to complete an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.